[3830] TxQP KG5ONN SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 20 23:09:13 EDT 2021

                    Texas QSO Party - 2021

Call: KG5ONN
Operator(s): KG5ONN KJ5T
Station: KG5ONN

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: TX

   40:   50      7
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  138    200      0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 55,352

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

After Mayra (KG5ONN) made a few contacts in the TN QSO Party in her first ever
QSO Party she expressed interest in operating the Texas QSO Party with me.  We
had two goals, the first being to give her a taste of running in a low pressure
contest and to get her comfortable with N1MM+.  The second goal was for me me to
get some practice actually running for once in a CW contest (since I have done
98% S&P in most CW Contests).

I think we accomplished the first goal, as evidenced by the 200 phone contacts
on phone.  For the second goal I did pretty well running at 25wpm though I have
some work to do on improving my copy skills, I figured this was a good contest
to practice with.

73 de KJ5T

-----

This was my first real voice contest, I had a lot of fun operating as a team
with KJ5T.  I will need to practice my phonetics and keyboard skills for future
contests.  Thanks for the contacts!

73 -- Mayra/KG5ONN