[3830] ARRL 10G+ K0SM 10G Plus

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 22 08:38:25 EDT 2021

                    ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest - 2021

Call: K0SM
Operator(s): K0SM
Station: K0SM

Class: 10G Plus HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  10G:        34            21879
  24G:        12             1097
  47G:
  75G:
 123G:
 134G:
 241G:
Light:
-------------------------------------
Total:        46            22976  Total Score = 27,576

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Team:

Comments:

Operated from driveway in FN12eu and 2 miles up the road for a few hours in
FN12ev to work east.  K2UA lent me his 24 GHz station, so this was my first time
operating on that band.

A little rain scatter both weekends which resulted in the longest QSOs: W1GHZ
(531), KB8U (492), and W8RU (485).  Two of these were found by tuning around and
tailending.  In a world of panadapters CQing can make sense on this band,
especially when there is rain around.  I'm definately getting a panadapter for
next year.

The biggest highlight for me was one of the "shorter" QSOs I made from
the driveway and netted grid #25 on 10 GHz.  I have trees and a hill to my east
its pretty hopeless that way. In fact, I had yet to work a grid to the east of
FN1x in longitude from here.  Somehow I let K2UA talk me into trying when he was
150 km to my east in FN23 Sunday night.  The radiation inversion was in and he
and K2DH were able to find me by pointing toward Toronto--to my northwest and
their WNW!  The 3 GHz WX radar was blooming with ground clutter and AP at the
time.  I worked NU2F (W2FU at home) a few minutes later using the same parlor
trick with him aiming over the lake.