[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Unlimited Rover HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 22 11:46:58 EDT 2021

                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2021

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Unlimited Rover HP
QTH: IL-8 grids

  903:   11     8
  1.2:   12     8
  2.3:
  3.4:   13    10
  5.7:
  10G:   11     9
  24G:   10     8
-------------------
Total:  176   103  Total Score = 41,821

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Values on "Total" line include 10 QSOs and 8 Mults completed on 47G
PLUS plus one additional multiplier for each of the 8 Grid squares from which a
contact was successfully completed.

I managed to get 10 Bands in the CoROVERolla, 50 through 1296 MHz plus 3.4G,
10G, 24G and 47G. Beside the 12 hours shown as operating, there were several
MORE hours of driving time plus the overnight stop at a hotel in Gilman, IL.

Saturday was a tour of Champaign County, IL, visiting spots in 4 grids:
EM59wx/xx, EM69ax, EN50xf/ue and EN60af.

Sunday started in Kankakee County, IL, at EN61aa, then to DuPage County, at
EN51xr, and, finally, Cook County for EN62ad and EN52xd.

Of my 176 QSOs, ALL were completed with 'legacy' modes, mostly SSB but a few CW
and FM, none of the newer WSJT-X 'digital' modes.

Over half of my QSOs (96) were with K9PW/R, including all of the QSOs on 24G and
47G (and the majority of QSOs on 902, 1.2G, 3.4G and 10G; but I did manage to
work at least one OTHER station on each of those bands).

Thanks to all who were active in this contest and to the ARRL for their
continued support of VHF & Up Radiosport.

73, JK