[3830] CQ WW RTTY KT4Q SO(A)AB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 28 00:32:55 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2021

Call: KT4Q
Operator(s): KT4Q
Station: KT4Q

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 17:48

   80:   96       32      17     7
   40:  151       35      21     9
   20:  243       26      50    21
   15:  153       10      49    18
   10:
------------------------------------
Total:  643      103     137    55  Total Score = 395,005

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Only able to do part time for this one.  Except for 10M, all the other bands
were hopping. I had to use my backup Rig (FT1000 Mark V) and Amp (Ameritron
AL-572) as my main rig took a close proximity lightning flash and my CAT is not
working.  Very difficult to operate this one with very little filtering so close
strong signals would desensitize my receiver and would make for difficult copy.
Maybe I am not smart enough to know what settings to play with to avoid this.
Anyone reading this who would care to help Elmer me on this rig I would duly
appreciate it (kt4q.nc at gmail.com).

Never less I enjoyed every minute of it and find it oddly relaxing.  Until next
time.

Rig:    Yaesu FT1000-MP Mark-V
Amp:    Ameritron AL-572 (@1,100w)
Tuner:  Vectronics HFT1500
Ants:   Cushcraft X7 +X740 Yagi @55 feet, Gap Voyager @ ground level (80M)
SCI:    MFJ Sound Card Radio Interface
S/W:    WriteLog, MMTTY and G3YYD 2Tone Decoders

Vy 73,
Steve, KT4Q
Hayesville, NC (Zone 05) USA