[3830] JIDX CW KH6AQ SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 10 08:53:46 EDT 2022

                    JIDX CW Contest - 2022

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Hawaii

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    0     0
   20:  286    42
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  286    42  Total Score = 12,012

Aloha from the Big island! This was my first time in the JIDX and it was quick a
lot of fun and very interesting. I did a maximum effort, single band, 20m, high
power effort. Single band contesting often means lonely hours opening and
closing a band with the high CQ-to-QSO ratio. I heard my friend AH6KO up the
coast working several bands. Thanks to all for your patience with all they
repeats as your sigs rode QSB up and down through my local noise level,
including my cat getting in a fight.

Equipment: FTdx10, AL-811 at 500W, Hex beam at 35 ft. The amp kept its cool this
time due to a new fan blowing 4X the air of the OEM "Cooltron" fan.

Conditions were good the first day and down a bit the second. I think the solar
flare at 02:30Z on Sunday slowed the band opening causing it to open an hour
later than expected. I listened up on 15m and was amazed to hear it still open
at 2:30AM local time Saturday. 20 meters opened for a couple of hours around
Japan sunrise on Sunday -- as predicted by VOACAP -- and even with good RBN
reports into Japan my Q-rate was low.