[3830] NeQP N0AC(@N0AC/M) Mobile/Portable LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 11 16:57:58 EDT 2022

                    Nebraska QSO Party - 2022

Call: N0AC
Operator(s): N0AC
Station: N0AC/M

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH: IA

  UHF:
------------------------------------
Total:  977     0       0       0  Mults = 62  FTn Mults = 0  Total Score = 242,048

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to:

1. My wife for driving. The operation wouldn't happen without her.
2. All those that got on the air to work the Nebraska QSO Party.
3. The sponsors for supporting the QP

Day 1 was full of problems. At the beginning county both of my screwdriver
antennas had very high SWR. Resetting all the coax connectors brought them
alive. After a 15 minute late start we are off the races but not with the usual
pile ups. Contacts came at a slow pace and only had 45 in the log the first
hour. I kept losing com port rig control getting an error that the comport was
in use by another program. Then the Dell laptop charging dropped out. To top
this all off I got the windows "Blue screen of death" several times
shutting the whole operation down. It appeared RF was getting into the computer
and charger. About 1800z things started to pick up and the pileups were as
expected. Finally at 2015z, 315pm local, after another windows reboot I lost
N1MM+ logger. We were done for the day and headed back to our motel.

Hoping for the best I replaced what appeared to be a bad 90 degree adaptor,
changed out the rig USB cable and was able to rebuild N1MM+. Luckily my log was
intact and Day 1 QSOs were okay. We were on for Day 2.

A much better start to Day 2 but still poor propagation which improved as the
day progressed. I never lost rig control today but the PC charging is still an
issue. It will probably need some RF protection. I had planned a short day so we
could be home by dinner and we crossed the Missouri River at 1851z, 151pm
local.

The stats:

Most QSO greater than 15:

KA6BIM, 25
W8CAG, 23
N8II, 21
W3LL, 19
W7GF, 19
K9RS, 17
AC7GG, 16

DX:

DL3GA
DL9USA
G3XPO
HA8IB
HB9BZA
LA8OM
LY5W
M4T
OM2VL
SM5SA
SP6JOE

Worked all states except: ND, NM, HI, AK, WY
Worked VEs: AB, BC, NB, ON, QC

Missed counties due to PC issues: MERR, PLAT, COLF, DODG, DGLS but was able to
get about 10 minutes in Douglas on the way out of Nebraska. Lost 5 hours of
prime operating time due to technical issues.

Thanks for all your QSOs, Bill N0AC