[3830] GaQP DL3DXX(@DF0SAX) Single OpCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 12 06:31:42 EDT 2022

                    Georgia QSO Party - 2022

Call: DL3DXX
Operator(s): DL3DXX
Station: DF0SAX

Class: Single OpCW HP
QTH: JO61VE
Operating Time (hrs):

--------------------
Total:  270     0  CW Mults = 118  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 63,720

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Well, this was my 16th entry in GQP and so far I always won the DX CW category.
Thank you so much for all the plaques! I got all, with the exception of 2008.
Thank you also for having a DX CW plaque category because there is no chance to
win against Laci OM2VL who fortunately always starts Mixed.
Propagation has been poor with high solar disturbances. Several C flares hit the
earth over the weekend. It did not influence Georgia propagation too much, but
the other QSO parties in New Mexico, North Dakota and Nebraska were affected a
lot.
I simply did not hear much from NM, and NE and only made 2 QSOs with ND.
The good thing of it was that I was able to concentrate on working Georgia.
Last year, 15m did not work - not a single contact. This year, 15m provided
better signals as 20m. Sorry that not all Georgia stations found it out.
Special thank goes to K4TCG for several quick QSYs to 15m.
It was amazing to follow the routes of K4TCG, N4N, W4AN and AA4TI through their
Georgia counties. I missed a few counties when it was presented mostly in phone
where I do not operate. For over 40 years I am a CW man and will not change :-)
I took part in GQPs when 20m stayed open all night long. Not this year. 20m
closed around 22z but the time gap between 20m and 40m was short, however in the
early 40m hours it was hard to break through the US pileup.
Fortunately, 40m stayed open all Saturday night long up to sunrise what is about
the end of QSO party part 1.
80m signals were weaker compared to other years, so the number of mobiles worked
has decreased. 40 and 80m are still my problem bands without directional tx
antennas.
On Sunday I watched 10m a lot hoping for an opening but only heard K4EA and K4PI
deep in the noise not loud enough for a QSO. 160m I never tried.
Thank you for an enjoyable QSO party! Thanks to all Georgia stations, especially
the mobiles who made long trips, and to the organizers for offering such a good
activity every year.
I worked two Georgia stations up in the bands who did not participate in Georgia
party, but I was able to convince them for the GQP to give me the county, so we
may have a few GA stations more next year :-)

CUAGN in 2023