[3830] 144SprngSprnt NU4E Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 13 23:25:15 EDT 2022

                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2022

Call: NU4E
Operator(s): NU4E
Station: NU4E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM85MI

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Drove up to the Parkway in NC again and it was fun despite the bad WX and not so
good condx this time.
Arrived after 2.5h driving from Greer SC at 6020ft in NC. Parking lot was empty
and I could choose my fav lot. Antenna and station was setup after 35 minutes,
Mast and antenna felt over once before I could attach the guy wires with the
strong winds up there but no damage as I could cath the antenna before it
reached the ground. Only put the antenna to 12ft.
The contest startet slow, few sideband, no CW heard and I went to FT8.
Once it got dark the rain started and wind got stronger. It even turned the
antenna around and I thought QSB hit when I lost a signal. Sorry for the few I
couldn't complete. Once I knew about it I regulary checked with a flash light
but when rain was to strong I stayed inside a few minutes longer before turning
the antenna again. As the rain stopped around 10pm I decided to go QRT and pack
everything to drive my 2h back home.
Had to leave for a business trip Tuesday morning so I'm late on posting this.

THANKS for all the fun, I hope to be back for 70cm part, don't have 220 and not
sure if I can make the 6m one this year.
Hope to hear ya'll again.

RIG:
FT991 + brick amp at 120W, Duoband (2m / 70cm) with 6 elements on 2m at 12ft,
6020ft asl.

73 Matt - NU4E