[3830] MiQP N8SBE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 17 00:12:31 EDT 2022

                    Michigan QSO Party - 2022

Call: N8SBE
Operator(s): N8SBE
Station: N8SBE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MI

   80:         147
   40:   7     235
   20:          25
--------------------
Total:   7     407  CW Mults = 5  Ph Mults = 92  Total Score = 40,837

Club: ARROW Communications Assn

Comments:

First time running with some power, thanks to a new (to me) KPA-500.  Downer was
the wind blowing my ladder line around on my ZS6BKW dipole, causing the linear
to fault on a regular basis.  Very annoying.  My apologies to those that had a
hard time copying me when my signal would take a sudden dive.  Thanks for
hanging in there with me.  I took a couple hours off in the middle of the
afternoon, when the wind got so bad I couldn't keep the amplifier on the air.
Later, I operated 80 for a while barefoot, since the K3s was more tolerable of
the swinging SWR, then was able to put the amplifier back on for the remainder
of the evening.  Sure was fun to be able to hold a frequency for a change and
run some.