[3830] MiQP K1LT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 17 11:10:20 EDT 2022

                    Michigan QSO Party - 2022

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 8
OpMode: SO2R

   80:   49     24
   40:   44     35
   20:    5      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   98     59  CW Mults = 34  Ph Mults = 34  Total Score = 17,340

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Since I helped compose the write-up for the 2021 Michigan QSO Party, I
figured I should operate most of at least one event so that I know
what I am writing about.  During the first half of the test I was
butt-in-chair only about half the time since most of the action
appeared to be on 20 meters and I could not hear much on 20 out of
Michigan from Ohio.  Later I took more than an hour to perform some
antenna repairs.  Once 80 meters became productive, then I stayed at
the radio most of the time.

W8RU registered as a rover on the 'Enter Plans' page on miqp.org but I
never heard him.  I hope he didn't have serious problems.

My very first CQ MI resulted in a call from WN4AFP who suggested I
sign /OH to show that I'm out-of-state.  I've not noticed the /state
suffix during the Ohio QSO party, so I'm left wondering how that meme
became established so quickly.  Nevertheless, I was frequently called
by non-Michigan stations when CQing.

I worked NA8V and K8MQP 5 times, and K8BB, K2CUB, and N8FYL 4 times
and 10 other stations 3 times, not counting the 1 dupe.

I worked 34 counties on CW and a different set of 34 counties on phone
for a total of 44 counties overall.

Equipment: Elecraft K3S and P3, Alpha 8410 on the first radio,
Elecraft K3 and P3 and ETO 91B on the second radio.  Cushcraft X7 at
100 feet; full sized verticals on 40 and 80.