[3830] OnQP VE3BR SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 17 16:52:26 EDT 2022

                    Ontario QSO Party - 2022

Call: VE3BR
Operator(s): VE3BR
Station: VE3BR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: FN03es

  160:   10             9
   80:   32     15     33
   40:   56     42     54
   20:   62     72     34
   15:    2             2
---------------------------
Total:  162    129    132  Total Score = 65,208

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Orion + AL-80B @ ~700 W
Antenna: DX-Eng 80/40 Thunderbolt 55ft Dual Band Vertical
Software: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.9510.0

Prior to this year's Ontario QSO Party, I believed that I can achieve a
"reasonable" score in it. (Translation: with increased experience, do
better than the previous year.) After this year's contest, I have one belief
remaining: I believe the Garden of Eden was in Jackson County, Missouri.

Seems my steadily shrinking set of firm beliefs is in danger of extinction. It
will probably not go the way of ancient Aramaic, since some of the fundamentals
are there to forever stay; like "The major cause of divorce is
marriage", but there are fewer and fewer remaining.

The "mitigating circumstances" for Ontario QSO Party not to pan out
for me have always been there, since the contest often happens (as it did this
year) on a big conjunction: Easter/Passover and, this year, Ramadan. Any contest
that happens on the only weekend of the year when a full family reunion occurs,
by definition, takes the second place with Saturday preparation and Sunday big
late celebratory breakfast. The cost of having a family, I guess.

There is always next year...