[3830] MiQP W8MK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 18 16:07:18 EDT 2022

                    Michigan QSO Party - 2022

Call: W8MK
Operator(s): W8MK
Station: W8MK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OAKL

   80:   65     16
--------------------
Total:   65     16  CW Mults = 37  Ph Mults = 14  Total Score = 7,446

Club: Thumb Area Contesters

Comments:

Got on late Saturday just to make an appearance. It was late so my impression
might not be valid but participation seemed way down. I found more activity on
CW than on phone which as surprising. I wasn't on early enough to make any Q's
on 40 or the high bands.

It sure is a lot easier to co-mingle with the Ontario QSO Party now that the
exchange is the same, so that's a positive. Personally I liked having the S/N in
the exchange in prior years but I'm not sure the logs were ever cross checked to
that level of scrutiny like ARRL SS.

Thanks to those members of the MRRC who breathed new life into this contest. It
is a blast and I still, still, still keep saying that I'm going to operate
mobile one of these years.

Finally, boy I sure do miss my contesting buddy Jeff WB8WKQ. I think the MiQP
was Jeff's favorite contest, well, until the years when the results took over a
year to be published. RIP Jeff. DD.

73

Tom W8MK