[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 20 10:42:17 EDT 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Apr 20

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il

Total:  171  Mults = 171  Total Score = 29,241

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

40 wpm comfortable. Used inverted vee.  Good start 11 QSOs in the first 3
minutes.
1306Z - 25 QSOs
1310 - 42
West was weak, VE3 weak
1313 - 50 ahead of plan
1315 - 56 but having to call CQ a lot
1324 - 5 CQs without an answer
1325 - 90
1330 - 106 nicely ahead of plan
1339 - 125.  This is often when I reach 100
1345 - 139  Lost the rate. Won't reach 200!

Scanned the band and not too much activity.  S&P a few, but no rate
anymore.

Cold and damp outside.  My neighbor plowed the nearby fields after dark last
night in anticipation of rain today.  My field will be soon and I need to go and
dig  a bunch of dirt to cover radials or it will be too late for this season.
The four 80 meter verticals were lowered due to the storm last week.  I will go
to town tomorrow and fetch the guy rings, then put them up to try to work JW0X
on 80 for a new band country, then work on using bolts instead of hose clamps
for the larger tubing.  The plan is to take off the top 25 feet or so for the
summer and raise them, remove the phasing lines, bury the hardline to make it
easier to mow.  I tried out the mower and all OK except for gas prices!