[3830] 222SprngSprnt AJ6T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Apr 21 16:40:38 EDT 2022

                    222 MHz Spring Sprint - 2022

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM66GM

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I had a lot of fun in the 222 MHz sprint even though I was running just 10 watts
and a 10 element M2 Yagi on a push-up pole.  Except for some frequency drift I'm
generally satisfied with my Ukrainian transverter.  I plan to fix that by
locking the LO to a Leo Bodner GPS synthesizer. I worked several stations in the
Huntsville area, including K4QF on CW.  Best DX was AA9MY in EN50FM at 298
miles, and I copied a few FT8 frames from W5VY in EM34KL at 351 miles.  AG4V had
a rockcrusher signal (+21 dB on FT8)from EM55AD at 170 miles.  W4ZST (EM84AO,
237 miles) was also a good snag.  AA4ZZ's CW was quite strong from EM96 with his
kilowatt, but my 10 watts was not enough for the return trip.  W5EME was also in
and out from EM32AI at 469 miles but I was unable to raise Rick this time.  I'm
looking forward to working a few new 222 MHz grids toward VUCC in the June
contest.