[3830] NA Sprint SSB K0EU LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 24 19:55:30 EDT 2022

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - April

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 4
OpMode: SO2R

   80:   34     0.5
   40:   82     1.5
   20:  109       2
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMC Gold Miners

Comments:

Things started out great on 20M with 77 Q's in the first hour. From there on,
things slowed way down. I have several "holes" in the log that are 4
or 5 minutes with no QSO. I found CQing on 40 or 80 meters was mostly
unproductive, and lost many jump balls on those bands.

Just like last year, lack of mults was my downfall. Congrats to KA9FOX for the
winning score. It was real frustrating to be called by a KP4 who was just at my
noise level and not manage to complete the QSO. I heard VE8NSD once on 20M.
Should have looked more on 20M later as per KU8E's post. CQed for a while with
2nd antenna to the north. Landed five VE6's in the span of 10 minutes but no
VE8. Also heard a VE5 one time but never found him again. Other than the KP4, no
DX heard.

Found several GMCC team mates on 40M at the start and got WY and NE courtesy of
N7MZW and W0ZA. KK0SD was also there for SD. I know there was a good showing by
GMCC. I worked my gold miner team mates. Missed N7WY of the silver miners.

Thanks for all the Q's.

73 Randy (aka Ken) K0EU