[3830] 432SprngSprnt VA7OTC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Apr 28 17:51:52 EDT 2022

                    432 MHz Spring Sprint - 2022

Call: VA7OTC
Operator(s): VA7OTC
Station: VA7OTC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CN88

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Up to Skirt Mtn, CN88fl, 260 m ASL over Langford, a municipality near and west
of Victoria, BC.

A great panoramic view of the eastern end of the Strait of Juan de Fuca, toward
Puget Sound. FT-857D, 20 W, Tonna 19 el Yagi-Uda at about 18' AGL.

Fun time. Almost didn't go given how the wind and clouds were earlier. Glad I
did. It's about 20 km drive each way however the cheerfulness on-the-air helped
me get over spending the fuel. On site I had to run up the car a lot, so will be
looking at a new battery, and perhaps fitting a radio/aux. battery and voltage
booster.

Heard one Puget Snd. stn working what might have been a mainland VE7. While I
turned the mast a few times and called the only Cdns worked were in my 'hood.

Looking forward to the 50 MHz Sprint. A half chance I might try a Rove for that.
73, John