[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 4 23:15:13 EDT 2022

                    NCCC Sprint - Aug 5

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: STX

   80:   5      5
   40:  17     11
   20:  15     10
   15:  16     11
Total:  53     37  Total Score = 1,961

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Terrific turnout, the usual suspects, but frantic action! Long story short,
major problems and no SO2R and no usual 20 meter monobanders. Used only one
radio on a band and no interleaving and used triband Yagis on 15 and 20. Seemed
to do OK but of course lots of contested jumpers and lost my share.

Tnx to two locals, at least one (W5JAW) and one about 70 miles away (N5AW) for
lots of TX action, much appreciated. My mults are way down again this week and
will suffer both on that, and many other ops were ahead of me for 2-5 contacts,
including Mr. KZ5D, who I heard and worked on only one  band! Looks like I am
slipping. Got to get my 20 meter stacks working into the radios again and find
another gremlin that required me to send manually by hand everything on one of
the two K3s as the computer would not key the radio. Ol' BB is falling apart it
seems.

Still very spirited action and a high for the week. Also, Speedo-DanWA was on an
incredible roll ... hoping for the first to break 100 Qs in this thing? FB!

Jim N3BB