[3830] NAQP CW WA3AER Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 12:46:10 EDT 2022

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: MD

Total:  625   157  Total Score = 98,125

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

10 hours BIC with one 10 minute break. Whew! All S&P.
Decent cndx for me. I kept an eye 9on 10M for possible Qs after making only 2
early on; it paid to go back. 15M kept me occupied during the early going before
moving to 20M; I occasionally went back to 15M when 20M got
"frustrating." The late afternoon move to 40M proved to be fruitful.
Signals were better than I would have expected with my antenna setup. When 80M
came into play later on, I kept popping back to 40M to find new stations. 80M is
likely my worst band due to the antenna (80/40M loaded dipole at 35ft), so I
have learned not to expect much there. It was decent for stations east of the
Mississippi. Its also helpful not to get embroiled in pileup fights!
Making 600+ contacts in 10 hours floats this boat just fine. There were a few
times late in the evening that I had trouble copying because I was getting
tired. I don't know how many more of these marathons are left in me. It sure is
fun trying them, though; and proving to yourself there's still a thrill in
challenging oneself.

73, tnx for the Qs. And a special tnx to Scotty, W7SW, for always taking time to
say Hi.
---
Ted   WA3AER

Eqt.: K3 / P3