[3830] KRC SST KY4GS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 7 21:12:34 EDT 2022

                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Aug 8

Call: KY4GS
Operator(s): KY4GS
Station: KY4GS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 0:55

   40:  42     42
Total:  42     18  Total Score = 756

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Probably one of my better runs calling CQ the entire time. I was late to the
game because I had been on various ragchews for almost an hour (and the last one
wanted me to finish the conversation, so it went over). I was already on the
frequency, so I stayed there and CQed. The SST started with serious technical
difficulties. I immediately felt the RFI dragging down my key (true, I went from
25 to 17 and that was a problem, but I know my RFI issues). I also thought that
the call history was broken, but apparently it wasn't -- just lots of newbies
(and a several who are great ops who also came by). It was busy enough that I
didn't get antsy and jump to an easy station to S&P. I continued to have
technical difficulties. My tuner was making all sorts of cranking noises
intermittently. (We had rain earlier, and that usually causes some RFI and
tuning issues.) Good way to end a weekend. Thanks for all the QSOs! I hope to
see some of you in the morning for the MST. 73 Amanda KY4GS