[3830] 222Up KO4ECD/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 8 22:59:05 EDT 2022

                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2022

Call: KO4ECD/R
Operator(s): KO4ECD
Station: KO4ECD/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8
OpMode: SO2R

  1.2:   3
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:   1
  24G:
------------
Total:  37  Total Score = 10,484

Club:

Team:

Comments:

lots of fun had first time entering the 222mhz and up contest, also first time
as a rover and made my first ever contact on 1.2 and 10g.entering this contest
was a last min decision and I had really no time to prep 2 days before I was
loaned 1296 26 element lopper thanks Dave K1RZ it worked perfect. packed
everything Saturday morning and headed out with 2 bands available on 432 and 1.2
I decide to try a four grid corner in MD VA fm19xa fm29aa fm28ax fm18xx its not
a bad spot very flat area open field.fm28ax fm29aa and fm19xa is very easy to go
from grid to grid from little eagle road so I spent most of my time sat in those
3 grids. I brought a cw key but did not have the right jack for my ic-9700
probably for the best cause I'm still learning, then on top of that my dc/ac
inverter was not working right and I could not control my rotator so had to jump
in the back of truck ever time to change bearing. all contacts sat were on 432
ft8 and ssb. Sunday drove to fm08us to meet bill w2rma on hogback overlook who
had a spare 10ghz transverter, made my first contact on 10g thanks bill. was
able to finally make a contact on 1296 from hogsback a total of 3 on that band.
hogsback overlook is a great spot awesome views but you also get lots of curious
people with questions and comments, favorite comment of the day " we
apricate what you are doing going to need you during the apocalypse" next
year more prep before contest, learn cw and add more bands. thanks everyone for
the QSO'S looking forward to next time.