[3830] 50FallSprnt N0URW Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 14 12:57:44 EDT 2022

                    50 MHz Fall Sprint - 2022

Call: N0URW
Operator(s): N0URW
Station: N0URW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 37  Mults = 31  Total Score = 1,147

>From here in Iowa, the 6 meter band had been open to somewhere most of the day.
So it was no surprise that the band shut down almost right at the 23:00 hour. I
Started out on SSB but quickly moved to FT8. There seemed to be very small
bubbles that if you found one to put a signal into, someone was almost always on
the other side to answer. Something else very strange, In order to work stations
in FN31 direction, I had to point my yagi Southeast towards FM27. Also, When
working FM05 stations I had to be pointing at FM27 direction. (Must of been the
sweet spot) As the day turned into night signals also started to come in from
the South and West. A few Texas stations were so strong I had to turn down my
receive gain. The XE stations in Mexico were very strong also. I only copied a
couple of southern California stations, but that was it. The Northwest signals
(Washington) were very strong, but most of them were going right over me landing
farther East. I started to copy some JA stations but was unable to complete any
qso with them. :(   As the sprint finished contacts up to the Northeast in FN65
an FN74 were 30 over S9 here. I tried MSK144 and made a few contacts also. For a
4 hour test, this was a lot of fun !!!  Thank you sponsors for putting this on
!! ::Other Stuff:: I took down my Mega 7 element yagi I was using on 6 meters.
the picture and description of it is currently up on my QRZ page.(yes it worked
great, but I wanted to try my new antenna) The new antenna I just finished
building last week. It is a clone of the M2 6M9KHW. I can't afford to buy the
real one. and since I have a guy that I can get all the aluminum tubing from, I
figured might as well give it a shot.
It works very well. Hats off to M2 and K9KHW for a fantastic design. Pictures
coming soon to QRZ when you look up my call.  Until we meet again :) de N0URW
EN41go  Iowa
Contacts 4 = ssb
         4 = MSK144
        29 = FT8