[3830] WAE CW W1WBB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 15 12:45:11 EDT 2022

                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1

   80:    6     0    20
   40:  104    65    87
   20:  233   270    68
   15:   78    77    58
   10:    2     0     4
-------------------------
Total:  423   412   237  Total Score = 197,895

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Worked JW5E on 40m CW (new DXCC band slot, TU op. Tom KA1IS!) while I was just
DXing Fri night.  Started contest as afterthought (not really avail Sunday)
casually later on Saturday morn... and got sucked into the QTC frenzy like many
others, FUN! (Eventually sent 56 QTC series in total).

15m provided enough activity until after 2100z when 20m sigs to Eu improved.
20m stayed stayed open late late, yay...my best hour was the 07z block!  Very
limited time Sunday until the last few hours.  Hadn't done WAE in years -- this
was best score for me by far, with the 15m mults helping out a lot.

Enjoyed watching the On-line Scoreboard even though I started much later and was
*way* behind the big two NA Low Power ops K1XM and K7SV, well done to them.

I really favor limited time operating categories (12 hr, 18hr, 24 hr perhaps?)
for these 48 hour contest marathons, as many other event sponsors offer.  What
say you DARC??

Only 39 unique WAE entities worked -- quite a few not-o-rare ones were never
around (but OY7EE and JW5E were, TU!).  TNX to all for the QSOs and to the many
amazing Eu QTC copiers!!  N1MM Plus sure makes the QTC sending very easy on our
end!

73,  Bill  W1WBB

Icom IC-7300 and MFJ-929 Auto Tuner; 5-band [10m-20m] Hexbeam (hub at 32 ft), 88
ft doublet up ~40 ft on 40m/80m,(bent) 80m dipole sloping from ~55 ft down to 30
ft, 160m Inv L; N1MM Plus Logger, WinKeyer USB CW interface.  All QSOs to LotW,
Club Log, and QRZ.com