[3830] NAQP SSB KU8E Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 21 00:25:58 EDT 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:45

   15:   16     7
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  505   116  Total Score = 58,580

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC#2

Comments:

K3/100 and wires

Didn't really plan on spending this much time in NAQP. I probably didn't really
operate 8:45 hours because I took a few 20 minute breaks that didn't count as
off times. I'm also not really setup to do SO2R on SSB which hurts my score so
I'm not too motivated that much on SSB.

Missing my 160 and 10 meter antennas after the tree that supported them fell
down this summer. It's been too hot outside to fix them. It probably didn't
really make a difference since 10 meters was dead. One end of the E/W 40 meter
dipole fell down in a storm that came thru this evening. I went out in the rain
and just tied the end that fell to the fence and it was sloping down towards the
west.

Conditions were pretty bad because of either rain static or some of the bands
being plain dead. 20 meters was pretty good though. I think I made at least 1/2
of my contacts there.

Jeff