[3830] NAQP SSB N1RM M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 21 02:26:48 EDT 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): W2WCM N1RM WA8AHZ
Station: N1RM

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: VA

   15:   16     8
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  792   144  Total Score = 114,048

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Lots of fun to do a M/2 in a low power contest - we get to do multi-transmitter
station design without breaking the bank! Station one had the SteppIR and
Station 2 the OCF dipole (newly re-strung with the help of WA8AHZ and W2WCM).
We missed the usual suspects on 10M at the start, but did a little on 15M while
Station 2 started on 40M. The bands seemed a little skittish and participation
seemed low. Gradually worked down through the bands on Station 1 and stayed on
20M until Station 2 switched to 80M.  20M actually kept on producing pretty
well, but we were getting hungry for mults. When Station 2 moved to 80M, Station
1 went to 40M to pick up the "leftovers" with the SteppIR. While the
rates weren't great, 40M also kept on giving for a quite a while and it ended up
as our most productive band. Things got REALLY slow the last hour or so, but
slogged through to the end.

I wish more folks spotted during S&P!

Thanks for the Qs and the spots.

Rick-N1RM, Bill-W2WCM, and Mike-WA8AHZ

Station 1: K4D, SteppIR DB18e
Station 2: K4, OCF dipole
Dunestar BPFs under the control of FreqEZ RPi provided plenty of isolation. No
inter-station interference at all.