[3830] NAQP SSB AA4LR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 21 15:43:28 EDT 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Georgia

   40:  18      9
   20:  34     19
   15:  11      6
   10:   1      1
-------------------
Total:  64     35  Total Score = 2,240

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC#1

Comments:

Antennas:
80/40/20m trap dipole at 7m high

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100+KSYN3A and KAT3 running 100 watts

Comments:

First operation from Warren county! I threw the dipole up last week, and it is
not nearly as high as I would like it. I'll try to re-throw it after the leaves
come off the trees.

Not a lot of time in this one, too busy unpacking, still.

Band conditions seemed marginal. Only station on 10m was V31XX. On 15 and 20m,
signals were up and down. Quite often, someone would answer my CQ only to
disappear for about 30-40 seconds, then would re-appear long enough to complete
the exchange. Or not. Really hurt the rate.

Not a lot of signals on 15m. That could be my worm-burner of an antenna.

The parsonage here has a short Rohn 25 tower that used to hold a TV antenna.
Once I get it stabilized so it is safe to climb, I intend to put an A3S up at
about 33 feet.

Thanks for all the Qs, it's great to be on the air.