[3830] NAQP SSB KD7HU Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 21 19:21:49 EDT 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KD7HU
Operator(s): KD7HU
Station: KD7HU

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Montana

   15:    1     1
Total:  169    73  Total Score = 12,337

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Station:  HOA Special- Hidden Wires Only
>From my QTH propagation was horrible.  I started at 15m and heard only ! station
calling CQ and he was in the Carribean.  After waiting around for a while I went
to the mayhem at 20m.  The static levels were horrible and I had to dial in
everything my transceiver had to complete many of the qso's.  The FTDX101MP was
up to that, but wow, everyone was all over each other on 20m.  I could not run a
frequency more than two minutes before being bull dozed.   On 40m the static and
lightning crashes were worse, but I can actually run a frequency at the upper
end of 40m. I know I am not loud given my low dipoles but I could get short runs
going.  I was in the assisted category so I was using the N1MM+ to do directed S
and P, and to hunt multipliers using the mouse and the band map.  I refined my
technique doing that.  I learned a lot about how to manage QRM and QRN  quickly
on my rig, so I gage it a success since it improved me as an operator.  I always
have fun handing out our state's multiplier late in the game to grateful
operators.   As a low power station I do better in CW contests, but I have fun
in both types.