[3830] NAQP SSB N9GQA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 21 20:32:02 EDT 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N9GQA
Operator(s): N9GQA
Station: N9GQA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CODEN, AL EM50UJ
Operating Time (hrs): 9:34

Total:  836   102  Total Score = 85,272

Club:

Team:

Comments:

First contest I have been able to operate close to the available time in several
years due to physicl issues. The bands were not in very good shape and I was
continuously surrounded with thunderstorms right outside my 20 mile lightning
radius for disconnecting, but my new SteppIR DB18E at 63 feet seemed to work
very well for me on the bands that were somewhat open (20M and 40M). There was
still a lot of QRN though. No openings on 10M or 15M here and no available
antennas for 80M or 160M yet at my station. I stayed fairly busy running with
the following best rates: 240/hr for 1 minute on 20M at 1852Z; 144/hr for 10
minutes on 20M at 1833Z-1843Z; and 128/hr for 60 minutes on 20M at 1921Z- 2021Z.
The final couple hours of the contest became slow and I did start mixing some
S&P when the running got very slow. I had a very enjoyable time and am
looking forward to working more contests soon. To everyone that was patient with
me and called me, a big thank you, because without you I would not have been
able to acheive what I did in this contest.

73, Josh, N9GQA
Equipment: Flex 6500 (100W) as single radio; SteppIR DB18E at 63FT; and N1MM+
Logger.