[3830] OhQP W3HKK Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 28 12:05:04 EDT 2022

                    Ohio QSO Party - 2022

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LICK

   80:   99     42
   40:  159      2
   20:   46      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    2      0
--------------------
Total:  306     44  CW Mults = 89  Ph Mults = 37  Total Score = 82,656

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Unable to join the boys at WW8OH (LICK) so worked  from the home station.
Worst daylight cndx I can recall, with very few  stns heard during the 1st hour
( which is usually good for a very high rate)

Took a few naps, frequent breaks, and finally a 2 hr snooze.  As sunset neared
sigs began to pick up in strength and number.   The 8 pm hour was good for an
actual rate of 104 Q's, and  a decent rate continued thru midnight, despite
fairly heavy QRN. CW was a logical option  as you can see by the mode QSO
totals.

Can only imagine how  tough it was for the /m and /r boys.  Didnt hear MR until
the evening even though I was looking for him.

*  I entered my 160m qsos in the 10m summary line  as there were no 15/10m QSOs
made from this qth.

For the  faint of heart, they missed a very nice comeback by  80/40m once the
sun set.  Signals miraculously  popped through the QRN and the contest was
( belatedly) on!

Didnt see a club entry option for COOKEN so  entered it under MRRC. Meanwhile
WW8OH  cw/ssb stations also battled the cndx from Ellas Park (LICK) as a second
option for working LICK.

W3HKK SUMMARY:
OTA  7.8 hrs
52 OH Counties (59%) and  43 other distinct  Mults plus  2 DX Q's, and just a
couple of VE's.
DX: Mighty OM2VL made it into the log despite  minimal DX  being heard here due
to poor daytime cndx and medium high QRN  at night.
Max Rate= 104Q/hr ( act) at 0000z hr
40m was   the top band for Q's, closely followed by 80m, with 20m a distant 3rd
and  160m 4th with just 2 Q's.
I need to color in my Ohio County Map to see where the ones were that I didnt
work.

Thanks to MRRC for another terrific contest ( although I thought my antennas had
 fallen down  when I couldnt see any sigs on the bandscope for much of the
afternoon.

See you next year.