[3830] WWDigi WQ5L SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 28 14:35:59 EDT 2022

                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2022

Call: WQ5L
Operator(s): WQ5L
Station: WQ5L

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: MS

  160:    9     3
   80:   31     7
   10:    8     4
-------------------
Total:  333    85  Total Score = 44,625

S-590S @5W, C4 @35', OCFD 40/80, Inv-L 160

I'm finding myself drawn to QRP in these FT-mode contests because those modes
were literally made for weak signals. I stuck to FT8 mostly. FT4 was good in
spurts -- work the loud ones quickly but then there are a lot of unanswered
calls. The bands seemed pretty good despite the elevated K index. I should have
spent more time on 80 and 160; to my surprise, almost everyone I called there
came back. FT8's ability to cut through summer QRN never fails to impress. On
the other hand, 40 meters was a struggle. The skip zone was wide yet I could
only raise four stations across the pond on that band. 73 -- Ray WQ5L

 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Mlt  Pt/Q
   1.8  FT8      9       9    3   1.0
   3.5  FT8     31      32    7   1.0
     7  FT4     10      11    0   1.1
     7  FT8     52      68   16   1.3
    14  FT4     55      66    3   1.2
    14  FT8    107     186   27   1.7
    21  FT4      8      12    1   1.5
    21  FT8     53     119   24   2.2
    28  FT8      8      22    4   2.8
 Total  Both   333     525   85   1.6
Score: 44,625
1 Mult = 3.9 Q's

5 pts: 1 (VK4AFU)
4 pts: 11 (4 JA, 3 VP8, P3, TA, YO, LZ)
3 pts: 63 (35 EU, 22 SA, 3 KH6, 3 EA8/9)
2 pts: 29 (19 W6/7, 7 SA, 2 CU, 1 VO1)