[3830] CQWW CW W6YX(N7MH) SOSB15 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Dec 2 00:36:01 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: SOSB15 LP
QTH: Stanford
Operating Time (hrs): 23:10
OpMode: SO2R

   15:  656    30       92

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Having set up and tested everything a day early I was surprised at the start
when the combination of Writelog and YCCC SO2R Box was always transmitting to
the Right radio even when I was trying to key the Left radio. The run rate at
the start peaked over 200 so the second radio wasn't initially useful in a
single-band effort, but as the rate dropped I began tuning that radio and adding
callsigns to the bandmap and, after 4 or 5 callsigns, would work as many as I
could on the transmitting radio before returning to running.

After a couple of hours the run had dried up and I restarted both Writelog and
the SO2R Box software and it began working normally, but by then there were only
a few signals that could be heard that I hadn't already worked and by 0230 none
of the few weak signals I heard were workable with low power.

I could hear signals both mornings long before I was able to work anyone. This
was frustrating as I heard a number of mults that disappeared before I could
work them. I called several LZ stations including a loud LZ9W but all continued
to CQ and I never worked zone 20. I also tried calling 3B8M when they weren't
getting any answers on both days with the same result.

Here's looking to improved conditions on the high bands in the next several
years.

73,
-Mike, N7MH