[3830] ARRL 160 N2NL SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 08:39:01 EST 2022

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Brooksville, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 5
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 390  Sections = 69  Countries = 15  Total Score = 69,300

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

IC7300/AL1200, 72ft top loaded vertical, self resonant at 2.3Mhz, with
additional base loading for 160m (also can be fed as a 3/8 wave 80m vertical).
9-circle RX array built with VE6WZ boards.

Primary goal was to play around with the new 160m antenna, and it seems to work
well.  Only about 30 radials so far.  Absorption seemed pretty bad both days.

I have 7 of 9 verticals installed for the RX array.  I assumed the N/S
directions were least important and possibly unnecessary from a DXing
perspective, but I definitely could have used north for the W8s/9s.  Pushed that
up the project priority list.

73, Dave