[3830] ARRL 160 K1EP(@K1WHS) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 5 06:45:10 EST 2022

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1WHS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Maine

Total:  QSOs = 787  Sections = 65  Countries = 19  Total Score = 140,532

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Dave, K1WHS, for the use of his great station.  The contest at first
seemed to be good.  I was hearing Eu and worked a few in the first couple of
hours.  But activity seemed to be quite low from there and from the west.  Once
darkness settled on the western US, I still had not worked anything west of the
Mississippi.  In all, I worked ONE CA!  No
VE4,VE5,VE7,VE8,KP4,WTX,KL7,ID,NV,WWA, or WY, plus 8 of the 9 CA sections.
Conditions Saturday night got worse, as atmospheric noise increased and activity
decreased.  Increased noise levels from grow lights also raised the noise floor
considerably in certain directions.  There was little to no activity at Eu
sunrise, although Eu signals when there was strong and readable.  Hopefully
conditions will improve for the Stew.  Thanks for the Qs.