[3830] FT RUp KJ7KOJ Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 5 10:16:50 EST 2022

                    FT Roundup - 2022

Call: KJ7KOJ
Operator(s): KJ7KOJ W7YED KK7EXT KK7KMA KB2S
Station: KJ7KOJ

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: CN87

Total:  607  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 27  Total Score = 49,167

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This contest was a lot of fun. KJ7KOJ my 15yr old son wanted to defend his 6th
place WW from last year so spent some time preparing an operating plan :-). We
also had new operators (his siblings) this year to increase the 'team'.

Conditions weren't as good as last year and the number of Mults was down for us
with our modest antenna setup, but that was partially offset by the increased
number of domestic stations that were in the contest. Our FT4/8 skills have
increased after a year of POTA and practice (for all the kids) so our scores
were up nicely over last year and we were also able to operate more bands as
well. The kids were excited about chasing states/sections and we only missed one
US State/Section (WY) which was an improvement over last year.