[3830] ARRL 160 K9ZO Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 7 10:36:16 EST 2022

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 380  Sections = 53  Countries = 3  Total Score = 43,064

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

A lot of grandkiddos around for the weekend so did not get on at sunsets and
until they went to bed.  Pretty exhausted at the start because my dad (age) 98
was in the hospital for 5 days.  No receive antennas, so no point in running any
power.  I started working on a 1100 ft beverage for SE (Bouvet and long path
Asia) I heard about a dozen multipliers, mostly out west, but could not raise
them.  I am working on a Titanex vertical, so things will be better next time. I
have 20 radials in the ground and am getting the hardware needed to guy it. Then
have to figure out a falling derrick to raise the 103 ft pole.  I have rebuilt
the SAL30, but it needs to go up. More than enough projects!  EVen for me with a
low QSO total it was hard to find new stations the second night.