[3830] ARRL 10 KH6AQ SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 11 19:45:03 EST 2022

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Pahoa, HI
Operating Time (hrs): 21:30

   CW: 1241    94
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1241    93  Total Score = 466,616

Well, that was better than I had anticipated and yielded the highest number of
QSOs ever from my home station in any contest. Conditions were good but I would
not say spectacular. I heard one EU station LP Saturday evening and one EU
station SP Sunday morning. Neither copied me. The local S-5 (3 kHz RX BW) noise
source between me and the mainland was on 24/7 and that left many stations below
the noise floor. Sorry about that. I ran most of the time and the past 12 months
of contest/Morse Runner training are paying off.

The working hours of the 10 meter contest are good and show, once again, the
beauty of single-band contesting.

The FTdx-10 was a delight to operate with all of its noise-fighting controls
placed within about inch of the main dial. Between DNR, BW, APF and the MPVD
ring I was able to pull many stations out of the noise that would have defied
the IC-7300.

FTdx-10 + AL-811 (572B tube) at 450W -- working hard on this band
Hexbeam at 33'