[3830] ARRL 10 KP4/NM2O(@KP4/PALMAS) SO CW Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 11 20:22:45 EST 2022

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: KP4/NM2O
Operator(s): NM2O
Station: KP4/PALMAS

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: PR
Operating Time (hrs): 13.8
Remote Operation

   CW: 1048   111
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1048   111  Total Score = 465,312

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Operated remote from Puerto Rico. It's nice to see the 10 Meter band coming to
life in this cycle. The band sounded a lot different on Saturday than Sunday.
There seemed to be two classes of callers: Easy to work and really weak ones.
I'm sorry if I left some calling. There was major QSB at times and stations
would vanish. I hoped stations would call back later.

I got WAS when I finally worked NE on Sunday. Three NE stations were spotted and
were just not there when I went to look the first 100 times. AK called in. Saw
the spots for VO1 and VY1, but didn't hear them. Did not see a VO2 spot.

I'm an out of area member of PVRC and YCCC; and currently active in FCG. Great
to work so many familiar calls.

Sunset in Europe is very early this time of year. This was a semi-serious
operation, so I didn't get on early enough so the country multiplier is low.

Working multiplier in zones 8 to 13 is difficult. Point and shot as from the
States doesn't allow working the band map quickly. Zone 8 and 9 are close in and
there seems to be less backscatter.

Working South America is difficult as the entire continent is off the back or
side of the beam.

Propagation seems a lot different to South American. The stations seem a lot
weaker than from Mid-Atlantic are and PY seems to have more aurora sound.

FY5KE seems to get very different propagation from Puerto Rico. They are running
when others seem to have a dead band. (I also noticed that from PJ2T in CQ WW
SSB a few years ago.) Not sure what gives them that advantage.