[3830] ARRL 10 N5JJ SO Mixed Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 12 06:20:02 EST 2022

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: N5JJ
Operator(s): N5JJ
Station: N5JJ

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: TX

   CW:  720    57
  SSB:  321    47
-------------------
Total: 1041   104  Total Score = 535,344

Finally!  Ten meter contest is back.  My favorite contest and very good
conditions after many years.  Nice opening to midwest on Friday night and opened
to Europe on Saturday morning.  Several surprises in the contest,  Reunion
Island and Namibia called me.  Fun to work some guy down the street and then
somebody far,  far away.  Lost an hour on Saturday afternoon from some very loud
power line noise,  or something.  Was over S9 and I went out to see if I could
find it but to no avail.  Was gone when I came back in so who knows.  Lost an
hour and half Sunday morning with T-storms moving thru with lightning.  Most
contacts I've made in a contest in a long time.  Station worked great.  Next
time should have an 8 element in addition to the 7 element I have now.  Very
good time,  makes all the effort and money to get a nice station worthwhile.
Only ran 100 watts but next time may use high power.  However,  no problem with
busting pileups or making contacts.  Seven elements at 125ft. is a good thing.
Worked the usual locals (N5XZ,  K5TIA,  KG5U,  W5PR and others.  What a great
time! Looking forward to next year already.  Thanks for the calls and best 73,
Rick,  N5JJ.