[3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 14 09:18:51 EST 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Dec 14

Call: VE3NRT
Operator(s): VE3NRT
Station: VE3NRT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON

Total:  113  Mults = 113  Total Score = 12,769

Club: Long Island CW Club

Comments:

My usual mix of brilliance and flubbery. I noticed that after trying to work
some weak stations and having the volume cranked to 11, I missed a couple of
easy ones on the first try because they were too loud - not to mention the
harmful ear-bashing.

Other reasons I miss calls: (1) The call comes in when the autorepeat starts
calling CQ (2) Strong station calls when copying a weak one and I miss both. (3)
Can't figure out where my mouse pointer is - I can send the exchange manually
but will probably forget the call sign or exchange if I don't log right away (4)
I'm distracted by the KW 150 Hz away, or the folks calling him/her. (5) a big
one - A typo which I can't correct in time. (6) Thinking about something else at
the time - I'm getting better at not doing that.

All improving with practice. It takes a long time. I'm done about 20K contest
QSOs this year and still learning! I'll see where I am in another 20K.

Thank you for the calls and in some cases, your patience.

73,
Chris

Elecraft K3, KPA500 if HP
SteppIR DB18E @43\', 80M Dipole @35\', 4-el 6m Yagi @49\', 7-el 2m Yagi at 46\'