[3830] ARRL 10 K3KU SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 14 10:50:43 EST 2022

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 5:07

   CW:  133    47
  SSB:   43    21
-------------------
Total:  176    68  Total Score = 42,024

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I logs for this one as far back as 2004.  I think this is my biggest score so
far.

Started 2330Z Saturday night.  "Ran" -- almost entirely PVRC MD -- for
13 QSOs.  Also picked up alert big guns in NJ, PA, VA, and DE; plus a couple of
FL, a big gun LU and the FY5.  The LU and FY were very fluttery and not loud.
Stood down at 0130Z.  Operated on and off Sunday, neglecting some other
responsibilities.  I felt like I had treated myself to way too much time, but
N1MM+ says 5:07.

With just one all-band dipole I don't have to worry about where to point the
beam.  And without spotting assistance -- or even a bandscope -- the quirky
propagation on 10M means that I have to rely on alertness and quickness with the
big knob to find mult's or, sometimes, even plain QSOs.  Maybe I'll get good at
that some day.

Nonetheless, a lot of fun.  Medium size thrill to nab the V55 on SSB about 20Z
Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for the QSOs