[3830] RAC Winter VE3DZ SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 18 07:56:37 EST 2022

                    RAC Winter Contest - 2022

Call: VE3DZ
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: VE3DZ

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Niagara

   40:  642    410      11        10
Total:  642    410      11        10  Total Score = 96,978

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Still suffering from high noise level. Until the problem is resolved, decided to
take down some of the antennas for maintenance/replacement, but as it usually
happens, didn't finish the work in time for my planned knee surgery, so no 20m
and 10 m antennas at the moment. And who knows how much longer I would have to
heal my knee to be able to carry on with tower work...
Decided to chose 40 m for SOSB as less affected by the noise (the tower seems to
be the furthest from the noise source), however, still had pretty high noise
level at times. So, please forgive me if I had to ask for repeats.
As usual, no VE8 or VY0, but VY1 was pretty well represented on CW. On Phone,
the only time I heard VY1 was when VY1AAA jumped right on my CQ frequency and
made QSO with somebody (probably on request), but my desperate calls didn't
impress him much. So, down goes one potential multiplier.
All in all, it's just a slow and boring Single Band event, except for the first
couple of hours and last 40-50 minutes.
But the overall activity is pretty high, and I'm aiming now for All Band effort
next year.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody.