[3830] RAC Winter AB1J Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 18 17:21:53 EST 2022

                    RAC Winter Contest - 2022

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 6:45

  160:    0     0        0         0
   80:   13     0        5         0
   40:  126     0        8         0
   20:   37     0        6         0
   15:   46     0        5         0
   10:   14     0        2         0
    6:    0     0        0         0
    2:    0     0        0         0
Total:  236     0       26         0  Total Score = 30,420

I enjoy this contest, the last one of the year. I like it for itself and for
code practice. My copying abilities are slowly declining along with my keyboard
logging skills, which were never that strong. There are times when I'm working a
speed demon that I write the exchange on paper and quickly transfer it to the
computer. I do always type in the calls and often mangle them and struggle to
unmangle them in a timely manner.

My serial number copying practice is for the CQ-WPX-CW in May, a long way off,
so I'm not sure it it will stick. While on the subject of copying and the
WPX-CW, I was surprised to see my call in the Golden Log box in the results of
the 2022 WPX-CW. I only had 221 QSOs, but that's plenty of opportunity to make
an error or two. Or three. Maybe the box inclusion was itself a copying error
during the article preparation. I can't remember my LCR results.

But it's nice to get into a box.

In terms of the contest operating rankings in my ARRL 10m report last week, this
was a CONDEF 4 operation. I stopped early for lunch and so my wife and I could
watch a movie Saturday afternoon and generally relax and eat pizza. No
disruption to our life.

I enjoyed working all the bands from 80m through 10m. That just felt good.

60 years ago I participated in the VE/W contest and won a certificate as K9LIO
in Indiana. In later years I wasn't able to operate much and by the time I came
back onto the scene that contest had disappeared. I wonder what happened to it.
I liked it, too. Perhaps it turned into this one.

Happy Holidays and 73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+
Attic dipoles on 20m, 15m & 10m
Outdoor 66' stealth wire on 80m & 40m, Dentron manual tuner and indoor
counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog