[3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 18 20:14:27 EST 2022

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 17

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 265  Total Score = 1,342

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Score calculated using the low power multiplier of 2.

I wasn't planning to put in more than a couple of hours but conditions were
quite good (a lot better than the last time I was on the band - October?)SO I
ended up operating six hours on and off during the day my time.  Unfortunately I
was off during some of the best hours for Europe so I may have missed a couple
of 15 pointers.  I managed to work three EU stations plus KH6 but I heard
several other EU stations.  I seem to hear well with my ordinary dipole.  G5WS
was calling CQ with no callers a couple of times but he couldn't hear me.  My
KH6 contact was with KH6AQ.  I had been calling a weaker KH6LC lower down the
band and gave up.  Tuning up the band I found a stronger 'AQ and he came right
back.  Amazing considering their field day style operation from a car.  Lots of
strong west coast stations this time, most of whom managed to hear my puny
signal.

73, Hal W1NN remote in Tokyo