[3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 21 15:16:29 EST 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Dec 21

Call: OH5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21SA

Total:  49  Mults = 38  Total Score = 1,862

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It was a 60/40 time-split with 36 minutes first spent on
7 MHz. I found VK2GR early, but the pile-up got denser
and denser, so I stored the frequency and came back much
later to complete the very difficult QSO (thanks Allan!).
Many stations were at scatter level, and I could barely
identify them, let alone work them. After 1920Z signals
from Southern/Central Europe suddenly got stronger.

Signals were pretty good on 3.5 MHz on the modest sloper
wire. I still have not managed to install a relay for
the Loop-on-Ground as an alternative RX-antenna to have
S/N-ratio on receive. Then a pre-amp would be helpful
too for these lower bands, but TX-efficiency still
lacking (short wire).

My best wishes for a Merry Xmas! 73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856