[3830] CQ160 CW W1HNZ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 1 10:24:18 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W1HNZ
Operator(s): W1HNZ
Station: W1HNZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA

Total:  QSOs = 255  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 12  Total Score = 34,496

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My goal for this year's test was to exceed last year's modest totals. This
year's total, while also comparably modest, was over double last year's result.
This year's activity was more fun and comfortable to operate.

As observed by others, Friday evening conditions were better than Saturdays.
European stations were heard, and workable Friday as opposed to Saturday. Also,
the noise level was lower here on Friday. General and storm noise levels picked
up Saturday.

Speaking of noise levels, Dave K1KA asked Alexa where and why the noise levels
were so overbearing. As he mentioned, the answer he received was quite
unsatisfactory. So, I thought I would query someone else and that was my XYL.
She replied, "you probably need two bidirectional Beverages and a
Four-square transmitting antenna as opposed to the inverted V you have now"
Quite a satisfactory answer I should say!

Rig:
IC 7610
Amp KPA1500
Inverted V @ 75 ft