[3830] CQ160 CW NO9E Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 3 18:39:49 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NO9E
Operator(s): NO9E
Station: NO9E

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 16:18

Total:  QSOs = 1013  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 44  Total Score = 306,408

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Operation from a ham QTH near Washington, GA. Flex 6600, Expert 1.3k amp,
shunt fed 100 ft tower, and 7 beverages. Also an amplified loop rotated to
allow SO2R.
Weird conditions. First night, lots of loud EU who would not answer until
close to the EU sunset. Second night, very few EU even close to the EU sunset.
Very few new stations Saturday night and Sunday.
I tried to upgrade my shunt fed tower with a reflector in the shape of inv T and
2 elevated radials. But the gain was low, about 1.5db, too little to matter.
Also, a failure to retune after adding a reflector caused a temporary overheat
of the Expert 1.3k amplifier.
In the end, fewer QSOs than in the past few years, but more points because of
more 10 pointers.