[3830] MnQP NJ8J Single OpMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 6 00:03:23 EST 2022

                    Minnesota QSO Party - 2022

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: Single OpMixed LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4:13

   40:      1         5
   20:     33        18
   15:      1         2
   10:
-------------------------
Total:     35        25  Mults = 35  Total Score = 4,200

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Icom IC-7300
LDG AT-200Pro II Automatic Antenna tuner
120 ft OCF doublet fed with ladder-line
Logger: N1MM+

Well, the SQP Challenge has started for the year.  This year's goal is to get
WAQP Ultimate again, and to try to hit Diamond level for SQPC (last year I hit
Platinium with almost 65K points).  That basically translates into one need:
more Qs!  The first may be made a bit harder by the additional of 2 new SQPs,
the same thing may make the latter easier.

So far, so good.  Last year's MNQP I had 16 Qs, this year it's 60 - almost 4
times as many Qs, and a higher percentage of them phone.  There seemed to be
plenty of MN stations available, mostly on 20 (last year it was all on 20).  Of
course, the fact that there were 2 other SQPs going on at the same time meant
for a lot of dancing on the Alt-F key in N1MM+.

CW operation was made *interesting* by the FOC Marathon going on, though they
mostly stayed below 35Khz above the bottom of the band.  The last hour of MNQP
was pretty much forced to be phone, as the NASprint pretty much took up the rest
of the CW band.