[3830] RTTY WPX KC7V(@K8IA) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 13 20:45:57 EST 2022

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: KC7V
Operator(s): KC7V K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Remote Operation

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This contest started fairly slow Friday evening with less rate than expected. It
did not improve when we went to 40 or 80 as we found both those bands to be in
poor condition the first night.  No real EU, some Asia but mostly domestic
QSO's.

Conditions changed when 20 opened for us on Saturday morning.  We had great
rates all day until the sun went down.  15m was so good we spent a bulk of the
time there and some 10m time. There was a decent amount of EU to work and plenty
of JA's and Asia on our normal afternoon paths.

40 was better Saturday night but still not great. It is not unusual for us to
have between 900 and 1,000 QSO's on 40 but we fell way short of that. Sunday
morning brought decent USA rates but EU was way down from Saturday.  Lots of
spots we just could not hear. 20m carried the bulk of Sunday QSOs. 10m was
decent stateside and we even worked one EU on that band. 15m was active but not
like Saturday.

It is sure nice to have sunspots, even with high A and K indexes.  What fun to
be able to use all five bands in this contest. Just one Murphy challenge on
Sunday afternoon.  My RRC box (KC7V) started acting up right before my last four
hour shift to end the contest.  Not sure if it was due to my poor internet
connection but I could not get the box (and the K3 mini) to stay connected to
K8IA's side. It would work then freeze.  Finally gave up after nearly an hour of
lost time and we went back to using RemAud and RealVNC to finish the contest.

I appreciate Bob K8IA asking me to join him for this effort.  We work well
together.  Thanks for all the QSOs.

Working cndx here this time:
K3 to Alpha 8410 (1500w)
Shunt fed tower, 78 ft incl mast