[3830] RTTY WPX WA7AN(K9DR) SOAB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 13 22:28:07 EST 2022

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: WA7AN
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: WA7AN

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: AZ

Total: 1158  Prefixes = 414  Total Score = 960,894

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I had not planned to do more than a token entry in this contest.  Started late,
but quickly got hooked.  Before I knew what had happened, I was really enjoying
myself. Improved conditions, compared to recent years, on 10 and 15 meters had
me running Asians on Saturday afternoon, like I hadn't in decades.  Only Super
Bowl commitments Sunday afternoon kept me from making 1,000,000+ points.  I'm
now wondering what I might have done, had I actually prepared for the contest
and not started the contest late and actually planned an operating strategy.

Equipment:
K3/P3 with KPA1500 amplifier
Explorer 14 w/40 meter option at 55'
80 meter dipole at 50'