[3830] ARRLDX CW K4OAQ SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 20 19:20:38 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K4OAQ
Operator(s): K4OAQ
Station: K4OAQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 32:16
OpMode: SO2R

Total: 1649   255  Total Score = 1,256,895

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

What a blast.
I finally figured out how to tune my Kenwood TS-590SQ.
Filters much better on it than the Yaesu FTDX1200.
So much better I mistakenly thot it didn't hear as well,
only to discover the problem was me. :)
Also my homebrew A3 at 35 ft surprised me.
But the ole Steppir DB36/80 at 75ft couldn't be beat at 70ft.
Seems like there are many more QRPers these days.
Some really loud sigs coming from EU in closing hour at 5W on 40.
And last but not least, the beverages. They were my only ears on 80 & 40.
They're only 400 ft long going NE/SW & NW/SE two-wire bi-directional guys
but they make this guy look like he has gud ears. Just ignore the hair!
Until next time as MYA wud say "Run 'em"!
And 73 to the guys with too much power
and 72 to those with tuna cans.
Fritz K4OAQ