[3830] ARRLDX CW M7K(M0SDV) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 20 19:28:05 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: M7K
Operator(s): M0SDV
Station: G0DWV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

   10:   10     0
-------------------
Total: 2797   228  Total Score = 1,912,464

I always love thsi contest and it is one of my favourite single operator
contests. This years entry was slightly hampered by storm Eunice which has
battered the UK meaning that the towers were low for most of the contes and the
160m vertical could not be erected. I did however make the best of what was
available.

The first night started with amazing rates hitting almost 190 Qs in each of the
first 3 hours.However this quickly changed and the low bands became very
difficult. Google tells me that there was a small solar flare to blame. 160
didn't produce much as I had hope for a better second night. Or until daylight
ca,e and it was time to raise the towers after the storm, which is when my host
Chris, managed to snag the halyard which was holding the dipole up, meaning the
dipole fell to around 10ft above the ground (hi) where I had to use it for the
rest of the contest. That said it worked well, and even at that height I was
able to work well into the Mid US

The higher bands perfomred as expected. 20m being the main work horse, providing
the most QSO and Mults. It was also nice to see 15m conditions up on previous
years. Overall I found rates generally slower and conditions very uo and down
that usual, however I did average out on QSO's through the contest.

Thanks to Chris G0DWV and his wife for hosting me for the weekend!

Thanks all for the QSO's and Mults! See you in the next one

Station: Host G0DWV
ICOM 7851 & ICOM 756 PRO3 (SO2R CONFIGURATION)
MICROHAM MK2R+
2X SPE AMPLIFIERS

OPTIBEAM OB17-4
FORCE 12 C31XR